EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST NOW OPEN - Victoria, Queensland, Northern Territory, South Australia, Tasmania and Western Australia.
Each 2-day Core Competency workshop will aim to upskill clinicians and service providers to recognise, respond to and treat people living with BPD and to be inclusive of family and friends. Ongoing mentoring and supervision will be offered to participants for the life of the project.
This workshop will cover the core competencies clinicians require to effectively engage with and support people with BPD including:
- Understanding the diagnosis of BPD (including symptoms, prevalence, causes and evidence based treatments)
- Co-morbidity and co-existing disorders in BPD
- General principles for the treatment and care of people with BPD
- Treatment structure
- The therapeutic relationship
- Partnering with families, partners and carers
- Working with risk
- Skills development focus
- Clinician self – awareness
- Recovery in BPD